Paddy Powers Stayers Hurdle
Stayers Hurdle Stats
- In its 47 race modern existence only six horses aged nine or older have won. Five of those six were previous Festival winners.
- No five year old has ever won this race
- There have been three multiple winners this century.
- Penhill and Paisley Park are the only winners to have run in the Albert Bartlett
- 15 from the last 17 were 1st or 2nd last time out.
- All placed in last six had Graded place form over 3 miles.
- 12 from the last 15 had no more than 3 runs since the Punchestown Festival
- No headgear wearing winners since Nomadic Way in 1992
Stayers Hurdle Race Summary
- Race Distance – about 3 miles.
- Will be aged 6 or 7 yrs or previous winner .
- If given the chance will have been placed at least in Grade 1 hurdle at 2019 Festival.
- If not given a Festival chance either has good/winning course form.
- Probably a second season hurdler.
- 1st or 2nd last time out and won’t have finished outside the first two in completed hurdles since Punchestown.
- Has run between 6 and 17 times over hurdles or is a previous Ch Hurdle contender.
- No more than 4 previous runs since Punchestown.
- Irish trained runner to be placed.
- If good ground race should be run in about 5 mins 45secs.
- Won’t be wearing headgear.
- Placed horse to have ran in this season’s Cleeve Hurdle.
- All placed to Graded place form over 3 miles. Not beaten in this before.
Stayers Hurdle Stats suggest:
Due to PP being 4/6 and generally looking like a penalty kick, we can take advantage of the bad e/w scenario.
There are 3 I like the look of, but there are only 3 places on offer. With PP set to fill first that leaves 2 places. Throw 3 darts and 1 should in theory end up unplaced. I will put one up and give a mention to the other two.
Summerville Boy 0.5pts e/w 8/1
Finished a gallant 2nd to PP in the Cleeve Hurdle when trying to front run. No reason he won’t try to make a race out of it again here.
Emitom – my reservation is course form, finishing 6/6 in a race won by Summerville Boy over 2m4f round here. Stepped up to 3m round Haydock and won by 8 lengths, so has to be in with some sort of shout but as mentioned omitted due to course form.
Penhill – we know he can run well round here as he won this in 2018 and has also won the Albert Bartlett back in 2017. I think if Emitom runs another poor race around here he could be 3rd or even 2nd to PP.